All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionFoul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths Around Derby is a collection of gruesome murders brought together by author Kevin Turton. Each chapter gives a detailed examination of some of the facts behind some of Derby's most torious murder cases. Carefully researched the book re-counts the circumstances and consequences of each individual case. Whilst the book covers the hard facts of the brutal times the author gives insight into the social conditions prevalent at the time and the courtroom arena in which so many stood trial for their life.These are the cases that dominated the breakfast tables of households both local and national! They caused argument and debate across the whole country and often packed Derby's courtroom to the rafters. Spanning almost 150 years the book looks at the cause and effect of human emotions that led to tragedies and how both society and the legal system reacted.Cases include 'Pity the Poor Children - The Murders of Elizabeth and Martha Smith 18541'. 'With Malice Afterthought - The Murder of Phoebe Barnes 1851'. 'A Case of Starvation - The Killing of Baby Annie 1889'. 'Allotment No 48 - The Murder of Maude Atkins 1922' and 'The Murder of a Corpse - The Killing of Ivy May Warner 1951'.
- Author(s)Kevin Turton
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2005
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWharncliffe Books
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.