All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* See the power of Silverlight in action * Learn the building blocks of animation in Silverlight 2 * Includes over 180 example Silverlight projects Silverlight is a phemenally powerful animation tool, but few people kw how to unlock its potential. Foundation Silverlight 2 Animation gives you the keys to all of that power. It covers the basics of animation--that is, Silverlight's storyboards and animations, which are used to provide interactivity to Silverlight applications. You'll take an in-depth look at double, point, and color animations. You'll also learn the difference between linear, spline, and discrete keyframes, and how they affect your objects as they move. But it doesn't stop there. You'll go well beyond those simple timeline-based animations and learn how to create purely code-based animations. You'll use vectors to make objects move and bounce off boundaries and each other. You'll explore particle systems, kinematics, and collisions. You'll also learn how to use trigometry to animate objects and simulate 3D motion in a 2D environment. The essential trigometry required to create complex motion is simplified and explained through a series of fascinating and fun examples that can be incorporated into your own applications, games, and experiments. Whether you're already familiar with Silverlight and you want to learn how to open it up, a Flash developer interested in expanding your skill set, or a web developer looking to take the next step into rich interactive application development, this book will bring you up to speed on Silverlight 2 and show you what it can do. From techniques for creating frame-based animations to learning how to simulate 3D in a 2D environment, there is something here to satisfy anyone's appetite for animation and interactivity.
- Author BiographyJeff Paries is employed as a digital media developer, creating Silverlight applications for Waggener Edstrom Worldwide. He lives in Portland, Oregon with his wife, Kate, and son, Nicholas.
- Author(s)Jeff Paries
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFriends of Ed
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight772 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.