All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis graduate-level text covers modeling, programming and analysis of simulation experiments and provides a rigorous treatment of the foundations of simulation and why it works. It introduces object-oriented programming for simulation, covers both the probabilistic and statistical basis for simulation in a rigorous but accessible manner (providing all necessary background material); and provides a modern treatment of experiment design and analysis that goes beyond classical statistics. The book emphasizes essential foundations throughout, rather than providing a compendium of algorithms and theorems and prepares the reader to use simulation in research as well as practice. The book is a rigorous, but concise treatment, emphasizing lasting principles but also providing specific training in modeling, programming and analysis. In addition to teaching readers how to do simulation, it also prepares them to use simulation in their research; other book does this. An online solutions manual for end of chapter exercises is also be provided.
- Author BiographyBarry L. Nelson currently serves as the Chair of the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences at Northwestern, as well as past Editor in Chief of Naval Research Logistics. He has also received an award for the Charles Deering McCormick Professor of Teaching Excellence. Barry Nelson's research is involved with the design and analysis of computer simulation experiments on models of stochastic systems, focusing particularly on issues related to statistical efficiency of simulation experiments. His research includes modeling and analysis of networks of nonstationary queues. The applications of this include computer-performance modeling, manufacturing systems, financial engineering and transportation.
- Author(s)Barry L. Nelson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleInternational Series in Operations Research & Management Science
- Series Part/Volume Number187
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight602 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.