All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA practical, effective combination of textbook and song anthology, Foundations in Singing helps students master the essentials of vocal technique. Addressing the particular needs of beginners, the positive language provides encouragement while the solid pedagogy and wide selection of songs promote understanding. In the new eighth edition, vocal health, formerly Chapter 11, has been moved to an earlier position, Chapter 6, and song contents were expanded. Twelve titles, several in two keys, are new to this edition, including Jeanine Tesori, who wrote new songs for the 2001 production of Thoroughly Modern Millie , poet Langston Hughes and composers H. T. Burleigh, Margaret Bonds and Duke Ellington. A Mexican popular standard, Sabor a mi, is included for the first time.
- Author BiographyJohn Glenn Paton grew up in a musical home in New Castle, Pa. He studied at the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music under Franklin Bens and Sonia Essin. After military service he studied further at the Eastman School of Music under Julius Huehn. Through both Essin and Huehn he traces his vocal lineage to Anna Schoen-Rene and through her to Pauline Viardot-Garcia. After studying lieder interpretation in Stuttgart, Germany, under composer Hermann Reutter, Paton taught at the University of Wisconsin and sang annual concert tours with Reutter as his accompanist. Later he taught at the University of Colorado, which gave him a fellowship to do research in Rome. In California since 1986, Paton taught class voice to acting students at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Pasadena. In 1989 he joined the faculty of the University of Southern California. He celebrated his 60th birthday by giving a solo recital, and he continues to perform occasionally. Paton has edited song collections for G. Schirmer, Leyerle Publications and Alfred Publishing Co. Voice studios around the world use his books, including works translated into Japanese and Korean.
- Author(s)John Glenn Paton,Van A. Christy
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleB&B Music
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight678 g
- Width223 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.