Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis advanced textbook covers many fundamental, traditional and new branches of electrodynamics, as well as the related fields of special relativity, quantum mechanics and quantum electrodynamics. The book introduces the material at different levels, oriented towards 3rd-4th year bachelor, master, and PhD students. This is so as to describe the whole complexity of physical phemena, instead of a mosaic of disconnected data. The required mathematical background is collated in Chapter 1, while the necessary physical background is included in the main text of the corresponding chapters and also given in appendices. The content is based on teaching material tested on students over many years, and their training to apply general theory for solving scientific and engineering problems. To this aim, the book contains approximately 800 examples and problems, many of which are described in detail. Some of these problems are designed for students to work on their own with only the answers and descriptions of results, and may be solved selectively. The examples are key ingredients to the theoretical course; the user should study all of them while reading the corresponding chapters. Equally suitable as a reference for researchers specialized in science and engineering.
- Author BiographyIgor N.Toptygin is Professor at the Theoretical Physics Department in Saint-Petersburg State Polytechnic University, Russia. He received his academic degrees in the field of physics and mathematics in 1964 (PhD) and 1974 (habilitation). He is an expert in theoretical physics and theoretical astrophysics. He is a member of the Scientific Council on Complex Problem of Cosmic Rays of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and a corresponding member of the International Academy of Sciences for High Education. He has been engaged for many years in theoretical studies of quantum paramagnetic amplifiers, acceleration of cosmic rays, radiation of relativistic particles in plasmas, etc.
- Author(s)Igor N. Toptygin
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication18/12/2013
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1586 g
- Width175 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.