Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionFoundations of data organization is a relatively new field of research in comparison to, other branches of science. It is close to twenty years old. In this short life span of this branch of computer science, it has spread to all corners of the world, which is reflected in this book. This book covers new database application areas (databases for advanced applications and CAD/VLSI databases), computational geometry, file allocation & distributed databases, database models (including n- traditional database models), database machines, query processing & physical structures for relational databases, besides traditional file organization (hashing, index file organization, mathematical file organization and consecutive retrieval property), in order to identify new trends of database research. The papers in this book originally represent talks given at the International Conference on Foundations of Data Organization, which was held on May 21-24, 1985, in Kyoto, Japan. This conference was held at Kyoto University, and sponsored by the organizing committee of the International Conference on Foundations of Data Organization and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. The conference was in cooperation with: ACM SIGMOD, IEEE Computer Society, Information Processing Society of Japan, IBM Research, Kyushu University, Kobe University, IBM Japan, Kyoto Sangyo University and Polish Academy of Sciences. This Conference was the follow-up of the first conference, which was hosted by the Polish Academy of Sciences and held at Warsaw in 1981. The Warsaw conference focused mainly on consecutive retrieval property and it's applications.
- Author(s)Katsume Tanaka,Sakti P. Ghosh,Yahiko Kambayashi
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1222 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.