All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in full colour, the third edition of this well established book provides a readable and highly illustrated overview of the aspects of geology that are most significant to civil engineers. Sections in the book include those devoted to the main rock types, weathering, ground investigation, rock mass strength, failures of old mines, subsidence on peats and clays, sinkholes on limestone and chalk, water in landslides, slope stabilization and understanding ground conditions. The roles of both natural and man-induced processes are assessed, and this understanding is developed into an appreciation of the geological environments potentially hazardous to civil engineering and construction projects. For each style of difficult ground, available techniques of site investigation and remediation are reviewed and evaluated. Each topic is presented as a double page spread with a careful mix of text and diagrams, with tabulated reference material on parameters such as bearing strength of soils and rocks. This new edition has been comprehensively updated and covers the entire spectrum of topics of interest for both students and practitioners in the field of civil engineering.
- Author BiographyTony Waltham lives in Nottingham, UK, having now retired from many years as a university lecturer in engineering geology.
- Author(s)Tony Waltham
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2009
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note75 black & white tables, 25 colour illustrations, 180 colour line drawings
- Weight325 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.