All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionFoundations of Tropical Forest Biology presents a timely collection of pioneering work in the study of these diverse and fascinating ecosystems. Modeled on the highly successful Foundations of Ecology, this book consists of facsimiles of papers chosen by world experts in tropical biology as the classics in the field. The papers are organized into sections on related topics, each introduced with a discussion of their role in triggering subsequent research. Topics covered include ecological and evolutionary perspectives on the origins of tropical diversity; plant-animal interactions; patterns of species diversity and distribution of arthropods, vertebrates, and plants; forest dynamics and ecosystem ecology; conservation biology; and tropical forest management. Foundations of Tropical Forest Biology makes essential works in the development of tropical biology available in a convenient form to both senior scholars interested in the roots of their discipline and to students encountering the field for the first time, as well as to everyone concerned with tropical conservation.
- Author BiographyRobin L. Chazdon is a professor in the Department of Ecology and the Evolutionary Biology at the University of Connecticut and coeditor of Tropical Forest Plan Ecophysiology. T. C. Whitmore is an affiliated lecturer in the Department of Geography at the University of Cambridge and the author of seven books, including An Introduction to Tropical Rain Forests.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication10/06/2002
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note169 line drawings
- Weight1338 g
- Width165 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byRobin L. Chazdon,T.C. Whitmore
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.