Foundations of Yoga: The Traditional Teachings of Sri Shyam Sundar Goswami by Basile P. Catomeris (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* Shows how to enrich your physical Yoga practice by embracing and integrating Hatha Yoga's metaphysical, spiritual and psychological traditions * Explores the energy-focusing movements kwn as mudras and purification methods that can boost metabolism, reinforce muscles and facilitate advanced sexual practices Foundations of Yoga presents the full and rigorous yogic training of traditional Hatha Yoga as taught by rewned Indian Yoga master the late Sri Shyam Sundar Goswami. Written by his disciple and spiritual heir, the book emphasises metaphysical, spiritual and psychological cultivation in addition to physical practice. It offers Yoga practitioners and teachers a way to enrich and advance their physical Yoga practice through a deeper understanding of physiology, psychology, philosophy and spirituality centred on vedic and tantric principles. As the teachings and life of Sri S. S. Goswami show, by strengthening the body, vital force and mind, one can master all three for a long, healthy, harmonious life. Woven together with stories from Sri Shyam Sundar Goswami's life, the book explains in-depth all of the physical and mental exercises associated with the pratice of Yoga and explores the philosophy of Yoga, sharing meditative exercises for introspection, expanding consciousness and seeking your true divine nature. Inside there are detailed instructions on pratyahara (control of the senses), charana (yogic bodybuilding), mental concentration exercises, and the energy-focusing and purifying muscular-control movements kwn as mudras, including the metabolism-boosting mahamudra and advanced pelvic mudras and sexual practices to transcend the ego. The book explores methods of internal purification such as dhauti (cleansing of the stomach with air or water), vasti (intestinal cleansing), neti (nasal cleansing), trataka (visual concentration exercises), and kapalabhati (diaphragmatic hyperventilation) and shows how these purifications are necessary before beginning the advanced breathing practices of pranayama to eradicate deep internal impurities and strengthen the immune system.
- Author BiographyBasile P. Catomeris is the disciple and spiritual heir of Sri Shyam Sundar Goswami. Devoting his life to the study and practice of yogic traditions, he studied under Sri S. S. Goswami from 1956 until his death in 1978, whereupon he took over Sri S. S. Goswami's teaching duties at the Goswami Yoga Institute in Sweden. In December 1983, he was granted yogic final initiation (brahma mantra diksha.). He lives in southern France.
- Author(s)Basile P. Catomeris
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication30/01/2013
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones, colour illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.