All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.55
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.38
- AU $45.84Trending at AU $48.23
- AU $18.02Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.94
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $32.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn Founders' Son, celebrated historian Richard Brookhiser presents a compelling new biography of Abraham Lincoln that highlights his lifelong struggle to carry on the work of the Founding Fathers. Following Lincoln from his humble origins in Kentucky to his assassination in Washington, DC, Brookhiser shows us every side of the man: laborer, lawyer, congressman, president; storyteller, wit, lover of ribald jokes; depressive, poet, friend, visionary. And he shows that despite Lincoln's many roles and his varied life, he returned time and time again to the Founders. They were rhetorical and political touchstones, the basis of his interest in politics, and the lodestars guiding him as he navigated first Illiis politics and then the national scene. But their legacy was t sufficient. As the Civil War lengthened and the casualties mounted, Lincoln wrestled with one more paternal figure-God the Father-to explain to himself, and to the nation, why ending slavery had come at such a terrible price.
- Author BiographyRichard Brookhiser is the author of What Would the Founders Do? Founding Father, Alexander Hamilton, American, and America's First Dynasty. Writer and host of the critically acclaimed PBS documentary Rediscovering George Washington, he is a columnist for Time magazine and a senior editor of National Review. Richard lives in New York City. Norman Dietz is a writer, an actor, and a solo performer. He has also performed frequently on radio and television, and he has recorded over 150 audiobooks, many of which have earned him awards from AudioFile magazine, the ALA, and Publishers Weekly. Additionally, AudioFile named Norman one of the Best Voices of the Century.
- Author(s)Richard Brookhiser
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication13/01/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Norman Dietz
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time763
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.