All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn authoritative, accessible guide to the figures who shaped a nation How did upstart colonists solidify the ideas celebrated in the Declaration of Independence and defeat the powerful British army? How did thinkers from disparate backgrounds shape a government that transformed modern politics? The Founding Fathers explains how, putting valuable information on this historic period at your fingertips--straight from one of the most trusted sources of information around the globe. This comprehensive guide takes a compelling look at prominent statesmen such as Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, and George Washington and lesser-kwn but influential leaders such as Samuel Chase, Charles Pinckney, and others. Alphabetized for easy reference, it also offers discussions of key issues, including slavery, the separation of powers, the presidency, and Deism and Christianity; events, such as the American Revolution, the Whiskey Rebellion, and the Louisiana Purchase; and documents, including the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Every special essay and concise entry--from Abigail Adams to George Wythe --promotes the deeper understanding of the personalities, issues, and events that only Encyclop?dia Britannica can provide. The book's balanced, fact-based coverage of the Founding Fathers is especially relevant today, when differing interpretations of their intent are used in debates over current policies. The Founding Fathers is the ideal resource for anyone looking to hone his or her kwledge of the fascinating figures who wrote the first chapter of U.S. history.
- Author BiographyEncyclopaedia Britannica, Inc., headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, is a leading provider of learning and knowledge products as well as one of the world's most trusted sources of information on every topic imaginable-from the origins of the universe to current events and everything in between.
- Author(s)Encyclopaedia Britannica
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication24/08/2007
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight326 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.