All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionAvailable for the first time in English, Li Zehou's philosophical aesthetics interpret the historical origins and evolution of aesthetic experience and their significance to the intellectual, emotional, and spiritual growth of human beings. Although LI's ideas have been debated in China for more than two decades, his conversations with Jane Cauvel will w allow Western students and philosophers to re-encounter Chinese and Western conceptions of aesthetics, and the way art shapes indiciduals, societies, techlogy, and the future of humankind.
- Author BiographyJane Cauvel is professor emerita at The Colorado College. Li Zehou is widely regarded as ChinaOs leading scholar of traditional and modern intellectual history and philosophy. Placed under house arrest for three years in the aftermath of the Tiananmen Massacre, he was granted permanent resident status in the United States in 1991.
- Author(s)Jane Cauvel,Li Zehou
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width177 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.