Four Florida Moderns: The Architecture of Alberto Alfonso, Rene Gonzalez, Chad Oppenheim, and Guy Peterson by Saxon Henry (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $113.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionAlberto Alfonso, Rene Gonzalez, Chad Oppenheim, and Guy Peterson-The Florida Four-are making a mark for themselves in contemporary architectural circles, infusing modernist traditions with their own flair. Practitioners of modernism in Florida-or, more accurately, tropical modernism-they are producing teworthy works that display their commitment to distinctive regionalism. This book is the first to showcase their rich and varied repertoires. Each of the four architects has a unique take on modernism, resulting in four very different aesthetic approaches. From airports, medical facilities, and museums to open-air chapels, waterfront homes, and condominium complexes, their designs are fascinating for both their rootedness in modernist ideals and their dramatically different interpretations of it. More than 300 vibrant, full-color photographs offer a survey of work by each of the architects. At once a striking visual tour and a thoughtful examination, Four Florida Moderns treats readers to the rich and invative styles of tropical modernism as conceived by four trailblazing architects.
- Author BiographySaxon Henry has written for a variety of national publications, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Interior Design, Robb Report, Traditional Home, Modernism Magazine, Home Magazine, Better Homes & Gardens, Woman's Day, Country Home, Latitudes and Coastal Living. She is a frequent contributor to the Home & Design section of The Miami Herald, Sandow Media's Luxe magazines, and the Florida Design publications. Henry is also a contributing editor to Modern Luxury's MIAMI and Manhattan magazines. Her European/Asian credits include Elle Decor (India), Residence Magazine (The Netherlands), Casamica (Italy), Style: Living (Singapore) and Architectural Digest in Austria and Germany. With one book to her credit, Big Home, Big Challenge: Design Solutions for Larger Spaces, a second book, Four Florida Moderns, will be released by W.W. Norton & Co. in December 2009. Henry's ezine, www.DesignCommotion.com, surveys everything dynamic in the field of design. The journalist/author is a member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors.
- Author(s)Saxon Henry
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication13/04/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note300 illustrations
- Weight1080 g
- Width213 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.