All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe venerable U Silananda has written one of the best and most illuminating commentaries on the Maha Satipatthana Sutta, the Great Discourse on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness. This Sutta represents one of the Buddha's most important teachings for both scholars and practitioners. The Great Discourse on the Foundations of Mindfulness is important for those who practice vipassana meditation because all instructions are directly or indirectly based on the teachings in this discourse. If you are serious about vipassana meditation, you should kw this discourse well.
- Author BiographyU Silananda is a Burmese monk. His is the Spiritual Advisor of the Theravada Buddhist Society of America, which has a large center in Half Moon Bay, California. He also is the Spiritual Director of centers in Berkeley and San Jose, California, and in Florida. He teaches in both English and Burmese.
- Author(s)U. Silananda
- PublisherWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/04/2003
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSomerville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.