CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionThese plays offer an introduction to the theatre of the late- 18th century in England, France and Germany, as it brings together key texts revolving around the themes of sex and class. The texts of the plays by Sheridan and Goldsmith are based on first editions, while those of the plays by Beaumarchais and Lessing are based on the earliest published translations. Textual tes explain unfamiliar terms and allusions. An introduction locates the plays in their cultural and political context and provides a comparative overview of contemporary theatre.
- Author BiographyDAVID THOMAS is Professor of Theatre Studies at the University of Warwick.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/10/1998
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notenotes, bibliography
- Weight395 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDavid Thomas
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.