All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis best of collection of works by Raymond Smullyan features excerpts from his published writings, including logic puzzles, explorations of mathematical logic and paradoxes, retrograde analysis chess problems, jokes and anecdotes, and meditations on the philosophy of religion. In addition, numerous personal tributes salute this celebrated professor, author, and logic scholar who is also a magician and musician.
- Author BiographyRaymond Smullyan received his PhD from Princeton University and has taught at Dartmouth, Princeton, Indiana University, and New York's Lehman College. Best known for his mathematical and creative logic puzzles and games, he is also a concert pianist and a magician. He is the author of over a dozen books of logic puzzles and texts on mathematical logic. From the cover of Four Lives: Born in 1919 in Far Rockaway, New York, Raymond Smullyan received his BSc from the University of Chicago and his PhD from Princeton University. He has taught at Dartmouth, Princeton, Indiana University, and New York's Lehman College. Best known for his mathematical and creative logic puzzles and games, he is also a concert pianist and a magician. Jason Rosenhouse is an associate professor of mathematics at James Madison University in Virginia. He is the author of three previous books: The Monty Hall Problem: The Remarkable Story of Math's Most Contentious Brainteaser; Taking Sudoku Seriously: The Math Behind the World's Most Popular Pencil Puzzle; and Among the Creationists: Dispatches from the Anti-Evolutionist Front Line. He has been a fan of Raymond Smullyan since stumbling upon his work in elementary school.
- Author(s)Jason Rosenhouse,Raymond M. Smullyan
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.