All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the greatest and best kwn of Ibsen's works , these four plays brilliantly exemplify his landmark contributions to the theatre: his realistic dialogue, probing of social problems and depiction of characters' inner lives as well as their actions. Rich in symbolism and often autobiographical, each deals convincingly and provocatively with such universal themes as greed, fear and sexual hostility, and confronts the eternal conflict between reality and illusion. Includes A Doll House, The Wild Duck, Hedda Gabler & The Master Builder.
- Author Biography<b>Henrik Ibsen</b> (1828-1906) is one of the greatest dramatists of world literature. His verse dramas <i>Brand </i>(1865) and <i>Peer Gynt</i> (1867) brought him fame in Scandinavia, but he became known throughout the world with twelve prose plays in which he invented what is known as theatrical realism: <i>Pillars of Society</i> (1877), <i>A Doll House</i> (1879), <i>Ghosts</i> (1881), <i>An Enemy of the People</i> (1882), <i>The Wild Duck</i> (1884), <i>Rosmersholm</i> (1886), <i>The Lady from the Sea</i> (1888), <i>Hedda Gabler</i> (1890), <i>The Master Builder</i> (1892), <i>Little Eyolf </i>(1894), <i>John Gabriel Borkman</i> (1896), and <i>When We Dead Awaken</i> (1899). Ibsen made ordinary people, talking about contemporary things in everyday language, proper subjects for the stage, and in so doing earned the title the father of modern drama. Ibsen is the second-most widely produced dramatist in the world after Shakespeare.
- Author(s)Henrik Ibsen,Joan Templeton,Rolf Fjelde
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSignet Classics
- Weight195 g
- Width105 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition StatementAnniversary
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.