Four Queens: The Provencal Sisters Who Ruled Europe by Nancy Goldstone (CD-Audio, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.58
- AU $28.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $42.99Trending at AU $54.96
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.63
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $51.81
- AU $42.75Trending at AU $50.33
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.14
About this product
- DescriptionSet against the backdrop of the turbulent thirteenth century, a time of chivalry and crusades, poetry, knights, and monarchs comes the story of the four beautiful daughters of the count of Provence whose brilliant marriages made them the queens of France, England, Germany, and Sicily. From a cultured childhood in Provence, each sister was propelled into a world marked by shifting alliances, intrigue, and subterfuge. Marguerite, the eldest, whose resolution and spirit would be tested by the cold splendor of the Palais du Roi in Paris; Elear, whose soaring political aspirations would provoke her kingdom to civil war; Sanchia, the neglected wife of the richest man in England who bought himself the crown of Germany; and Beatrice, whose desire for sovereignty was so acute that she risked her life to earn her place at the royal table. A compulsively readable narrative, Four Queens shatters the myth that women were helpless pawns in a society that celebrated physical prowess and masculine intellect. A riveting historical saga for fans of Alison Weir and Antonia Fraser.
- Author BiographyNancy Goldstone is coauthor, with her husband, Lawrence, of five books, including Out of the Flames, The Friar and the Cipher, and Warmly Inscribed. She lives in Westport, Connecticut. Josephine Bailey has won ten AudioFile Earphones Awards and a prestigious Audie Award, and Publishers Weekly named her Best Female Narrator in 2002. Her native British accent has been used in many audiobooks and voice-overs, including The Wild Thornberries, Uncle Gus, and Disney-Dreamworks projects. In addition to her award-winning voice work, Josephine is involved in television, film, and theater. On television she has played parts in Robin Hood, A Tale of Two Cities, and Sword of Freedom. In film she was featured in Shadow Hours, Life's a Circus, and Corridors of Blood. Her theater experience includes lead roles in Betrayal, Otherwise Engaged, and Blithe Spirit. Josephine received her training from the Corona Stage School in London and the Tracy Roberts Actors Studio in Los Angeles. Josephine currently resides in South Carolina.
- Author(s)Nancy Goldstone
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication23/04/2007
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Josephine Bailey
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time690
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.