All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionRichly researched and engagingly written, this important history of imperial China shows in fascinating detail how Emperor Jiajing and his grand secretaries governed. Drawing on a treasure trove of the grand secretaries' personal writings, John W. Dardess's narrative brings to life the inner workings of the largest polity on the face of the earth.
- Author BiographyJohn W. Dardess is professor emeritus of history at the University of Kansas. His books include Ming China, 1368-1644: A Concise History of a Resilient Empire, Governing China, 150-1850, and A Political Life in Ming China: A Grand Secretary and His Times.
- Author(s)John W. Dardess
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight399 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.