CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $48.59
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped to meet the needs of secondary and post-secondary drama teaching and performance, these four one-act plays - The Wild Guys (Andrew Wreggitt and Becky Shaw), Monkey Business (Nicole Zylstra), Shopaholic (Glenda Stirling), and Borrow Me (Clem Martini)- demonstrate the tremendous range of the one-act form. Whether it is a romantic comedy of ideas set in the dense tropical jungle, a tale of obsessive commercialism and surprising redemption set in our urban malls, a crazed investigation of male psychology in the backwoods of the Rocky Mountains, or a ghostly avenger's tale played out in a dining room, these plays will t fail to please a wide audience.The book also offers four scenes for in-class rehearsal and investigation and four mologues for study or use in auditions.For production, for reflection, for performance, or as a teaching tool, Four by Four by Four is certain to become a well-used, well-loved text.Andrew Wreggitt was head writer on North of 60 for three seasons and wrote or co-wrote four of the North of 60 movies. The Wild Guys, co-written with his wife Rebecca Shaw, was houred with the Solange Karsh Award for best play in the 1992 National Playwriting Competition and has appeared in over sixty theatres across North America.Writer and director Glenda Stirling is also the author of Stick, Stones, and Ancestors Bones; Dark Isle ; and The Longest One Night Stand in History and has directed or assistant directed over twenty productions.Nicole Zylstra is a professional writer, actor, and director with more than eight main stage or fringe festival plays to her credit. Monkey Business was minated for the Betty Mitchell Award for Outstanding New Play.Editor Clem Martini is an award-winning playwright, screenwriter and velist. He is the current president of the Playwrights Guild of Canada.
- Author BiographyAn award-winning playwright, screenwriter and novelist, Clem Martini is the current president of the Playwrights Guild of Canada and an Associate Professor of Drama at the University of Calgary.
- PublisherRed Deer Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Deer Press
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byClem Martini
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.