All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe holidays are an exciting time for children in the classroom and the home. The rich history and fun celebrations of holidays make students excited both for parties and learning. The Writing Prompts for Holidays series is a collection of imaginative situations and questions related to 20 major holidays, including Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and more. Fourth Grade Writing Prompts for Holidays is a workbook that will help fourth grade students to start developing their creative writing skills. Examples from the book: In a distant possible future, all fireworks have been made into digital holograms. While the displays have become brighter, bolder and more high-definition, they are longer real. What do you think such artificial explosions would lose by being faked? Which would you prefer, digital or real, and why? Imagine that you had to give a speech to a group of company presidents to convince them to improve their companies' environmental practices. What might you say to them, how might they react, and what would be the end result? George Washington has had a state, a capitol, and plenty of towns and people named after him. What would it be like to have your namesake all over the place? Would you be proud? Would you let it go to your head? Why would you deserve it? Table of Contents: 1. Labor Day 2. Columbus Day 3. Halloween 4. Veterans Day 5. Thanksgiving 6. Christmas 7. New Year's Eve 8. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 9. Valentine's Day 10. Washington's Birthday (Presidents Day) 11. International Women's Day 12. St. Patrick's Day 13. Easter 14. Earth Day 15. Arbor Day 16. Mother's Day 17. Memorial Day 18. Father's Day 19. Independence Day 20. Ramadan Bryan Cohen, the author of 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts and 500 Writing Prompts for Kids, has compiled 200 of his best holiday prompts for first graders in this workbook. Use them for journals, assignments, poems, conversations, songs, and more!
- Author BiographyBryan Cohen's philosophy is to turn a few ideas into many. This concept was one of the reasons behind his passion of creating thousands of creative writing prompts. His books, including his best-seller 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts: Ideas for Blogs, Scripts, Stories and More, have sold over 15,000 copies. Build Creative Writing Ideas, a website created by Bryan which contains hundreds of articles of writing advice, helps over 25,000 people a month to get over writers block and come up with new creative projects. Bryan also writes about comedy, self-help and embarrassing anecdotes from his life. He is also an actor, director and producer who enjoys dabbling in both theatre and film in Chicago, Illinois. Bryan graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2005 with degrees in English and Dramatic Art with a minor in Creative Writing. Bryan has published 20 books and plays.
- Author(s)Bryan Cohen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.