All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionI picked up this book soon after making a commitment to Christ. At first I was shocked by the images of Christians suffering and dying for their faith. But soon I was drawn into the accounts of how these ordinary men and women-- different from you or me--could face every kind of opposition rather than deny their Lord. Reading their stories marked me and helped me resolve to follow Christ matter what the cost. --Mark Mittelberg, Executive Director of Evangelism for the Willow Creek Association and author of Becoming a Contagious Church From the first-century stoning of Stephen through his own perilous time--Reformation-era England--John Foxe recounts the lives, sufferings, and triumphant deaths of dozens of Christian martyrs. [Some were people of rank and influence. Some were ordinary folk. Some were his friends.] Four centuries later, these deeply moving accounts of faith and courage mark a path for modern Christians to measure the depth of their commitment. This edition, edited by William Byron Forbush (1868-1927), contains Foxes original material as well as some later additions (see chapters 5, 6, & 10 particularly). Hendrickson Christian Classics is planned to include all the timeless books that generations of believers have treasured. Each volume in the series is freshly retypeset, while thoughtful new prefaces explore their spiritual and historical contexts. For contemporary readers, here is an essential library of Christian wisdom through the ages.
- Author BiographyJohn Foxe (1516- 1587), was an English Puritan preacher and author of The Book of Martyrs, a graphic and polemic account of those who suffered for the cause of Protestantism.
- Author(s)John Foxe
- PublisherHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication18/11/2005
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleHendrickson Christian Classics
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Weight544 g
- Width146 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine24 mm
Most relevant reviews
- sshemi31501 Mar, 2017by
Highly Recommend reading this book.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.