All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of thirty-two foxhunting stories populated by horses, hounds, challenging obstacles, and unforgettable personalities. Accompany Norman Fine to Ireland, England, Canada, and across the United States as he meets, hunts with, and is educated by the foremost Masters, huntsmen, hound breeders, and sporting historians of the last fifty years. Fine's stories, most of them previously published in the U.S. and England, are connected chrologically by new material in which the author explains how he came to meet these larger-than-life characters, what role they played in his development from horseman to foxhunter, and how he came to hunt with their hounds.
- Author BiographyNorman Fine is the creator and former editor of Covertside magazine, a publication of the Masters of Foxhounds Association of America. He is also editor of The Derrydale Press Foxhunters' Library. His articles on foxhunting have appeared in Covertside, The Chronicle of the Horse, and CLASSIC magazine in this country, and in Baily's, Hounds magazine, and Hunting with Country Illustrated in England. He has hunted with more than fifty foxhound packs in the United States, Ireland, and England and lives on a horse farm in Millwood, Virginia.
- Author(s)Norman Fine
- PublisherDerrydale Press
- Date of Publication16/08/2010
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleThe Derrydale Press Foxhunters' Library
- Place of PublicationMissoula
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDerrydale Press
- Content Noteline drawings
- Weight671 g
- Width164 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.