All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionSudeep Sen's FRACTALS includes a wide swath of his poetry, from 1980 to the present, as well as a representative collection of his translations into English of other poets writing in Bengali, Hindu, Urdu and other languages. Sen's poems are both vivid observations and insightful meditations, often ekphrastic in that they are inspired by other art forms -- from modern European painters to classical Indian dancers. Narratives generally underlie his poems, giving us stories from around the world, past and present, from the grit of war to the mysteries of mythology. This collection gathers the best work from a writer described by Outlook India as the best-kwn Indian poetic voice of his generation working in English.
- Author BiographySudeep Sen studied at University of Delhi and as an Inlaks Scholar received an MS from Columbia University (New York). His awards/fellowships include: Hawthornden (UK), Pushcart Prize nomination (USA), BreadLoaf (USA), Pleiades (Macedonia), NLPVF Dutch Foundation for Literature (Amsterdam), Ledig House (New York), and Sanskriti (New Delhi). He was international writer-in-residence at the Scottish Poetry Library (Edinburgh) and visiting scholar at Harvard University. Sen is widely recognised as a major new generation voice in world literature and one of India's finest English-language poets in the international literary scene (BBC Radio). He received a Pleiades Honour (at the Struga Poetry Festival, Macedonia) for having made a significant contribution to contemporary world poetry. Sen's prize-winning books include: Postmarked India: New & Selected Poems (HarperCollins), Distracted Geographies, Rain, Aria (A K Ramanujan Translation Award), Ladakh, and The HarperCollins Book of English Poetry (editor). His poems, translated into twenty-five languages, have been featured in major international anthologies. His words have appeared in the Times Literary Supplement, Newsweek, Guardian, Observer, Independent, Telegraph, Herald, Harvard Review, Hindu, Hindustan Times, Times of India, Outlook, India Today, and broadcast on BBC, PBS, CNN IBN, NDTV, AIR & Doordarshan. Sen's newer work appears in New Writing 15 (Granta), Language for a New Century (Norton), Leela (Collins), Indian Love Poems (Knopf/Random House/Everyman), Out of Bounds (Bloodaxe), and Initiate: Oxford New Writing (Blackwell). He is the editorial director of AARK ARTS and the editor of Atlas. As a photographer and graphic artist, his work is part of many professional print portfolios, magazine and newspaper pieces, book jacket covers, and private collections. He has also published two books of photography, Prayer Flag and Postcards from Bangladesh. Sen lives and works in New Delhi. Sen was the first Asian to be honoured with an invitation to participate at the Nobel Laureate Week in St Lucia in 2013, where he delivered the Derek Walcott Lecture and read his own poetry. A special commemorative edition of his work, Fractals: New & Selected Poems|Translations 1978-2013, was released by the Nobel laureate Derek Walcott himself. The same year, the Government of India Ministry of Cultures awarded him the senior fellowship for outstanding persons in the field of culture.
- Author(s)Sudeep Sen
- PublisherWings Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSan Antonio, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWings Press
- Weight422 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.