All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first performance in The Space at the new premises of the Hampstead Theatre, Tanika Gupta's Fragile Land is about what nationhood means for second generation immigrants. The pressure to stick to their own kind proves a tough call for two teenage Asian schoolgirls in this fresh, engaging portrayal of a London very different to the one first encountered by their parents. Fragile Land reveals the complexities of life for a new generation of young Londoners...
- Author BiographyTanika Gupta has written for theatre, radio, film and television. Her stage plays include Voices in the Wind, Skeleton, On the Coach with Enoch, Sanctuary (published by Oberon Books) and The Waiting Room, which won the John Whiting Award. She has also translated Brecht's The Good Woman of Sezuan and adapted Gita Mehta's A River Sutra.
- Author(s)Tanika Gupta
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAbsolute Classics
- Weight136 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byIsabel Wright
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.