All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionFragile Mystics reworks traditional concepts of prayer and gives them a contemporary 'spin'. Like Steel Angels, it draws on the author's own experience as a Christian priest and offers illustrations from the world of visual arts, film and contemporary culture. It includes some biblical examples, and connects present day yearnings and wrestling's as a 'person who wants to pray better' with those of the mystics and holy people from the Christian past. It is about 'reclaiming' and transforming our inner spaces so that we have a renewed and hopeful approach to life and ministry. Each chapter has a short, sharp contemporary title, with a further subtitle to unpack the content, and ends with ideas for both individuals and leaders on how to put the concept under discussion into practice.
- Author BiographyThe Revd Magdalen Smith is Diocesan Director of Ordinands and a priest in the Diocese of Chester. She has a background in the visual arts and is interested in the dialogue between faith and contemporary culture. She is a retreat leader, spiritual director, and the author of Steel Angels: The personal qualities of a priest.
- Author(s)Magdalen Smith
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.