Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionI am driven by an exploration of color and form. My objective is to create multi-layered images that depict the subtleties of the landscape around us. I am more concerned with portraying an interpretation than a literal representation of what I see before me. I have found a way of working using multiple exposures and intentional camera movement which helps me simplify the detail in a scene. It is a way of working which is controllable to a certain degree, but still has a great deal of unpredictability about it and it is this aspect which is both challenging and rewarding. Fragility can be conveyed in many ways. It can be expressed with light or shape or color or movement and I hope this diversity is represented here. Paradoxically, fragile elements often appear to embody a tenacity and strength which refers back to the contradictions mentioned above. It is the embodiment of all these characteristics that I have tried to portray in this book.
- Author BiographyValda Bailey is a freelance photographer living in Sussex who first became passionate about photography when she was 14. Her approach to photography is greatly informed by her background in painting and her influences come as much from artists as photographers. She has spent time in New York under the expert tutelage of noted street photographer Jay Maisel and has been greatly influenced by his teaching about light, color and gesture. Her work has been featured in broadsheet newspapers, national and international publications and she has recently been invited to teach for Light and Land Photographic Workshops run by Charlie Waite. She has exhibited most recently in London and last summer was the first woman to be invited to join six other photographers to exhibit at the biennial Masters of Vision.
- PublisherTriplekite Publishing
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- Series TitleDiscovery!
- Place of PublicationWylam
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTriplekite Publishing
- Content Note42 photographs
- Weight476 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Photographer(s)Valda Bailey
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.