All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first comprehensive study in English of the art of an extraordinarily gifted Chinese writer, Zhang Tianyi, and affords an illuminating account of the most important stage in the development of modern Chinese fiction in the 1930s. It probes into Zhang's art of narrative, and elucidates the complex way in which he responded to some of the Western literary theories imported to China by firmly placing his fiction in the context of the political and social upheaval in modern Chinese history. By examining Zhang's art of narrative and that of some other writers, Fragmentation and Dramatic Moments has opened a unique vista of related literary and aesthetic issues in modern Chinese literary history.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Yifeng Sun teaches in the Department of Translation at Lingnan University, Hong Kong. He received his M.Litt. from Cambridge University and his Ph.D. in Comparative Literature from Leiden University. In addition to serving on the editorial board of Abstracts of Translation Studies in China, he is Executive Editor of Translation Quarterly. He has published on modern Chinese literature, comparative literature, English literature, and translation theory. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Yifeng Sun
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAsian Thought and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number54
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight640 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.