All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept of frailty offers a convenient way to introduce ubserved heterogeneity and associations into models for survival data. In its simplest form, frailty is an ubserved random proportionality factor that modifies the hazard function of an individual or a group of related individuals. Frailty Models in Survival Analysis presents a comprehensive overview of the fundamental approaches in the area of frailty models. The book extensively explores how univariate frailty models can represent ubserved heterogeneity. It also emphasizes correlated frailty models as extensions of univariate and shared frailty models. The author analyzes similarities and differences between frailty and copula models; discusses problems related to frailty models, such as tests for homogeneity; and describes parametric and semiparametric models using both frequentist and Bayesian approaches. He also shows how to apply the models to real data using the statistical packages of R, SAS, and Stata. The appendix provides the technical mathematical results used throughout. Written in ntechnical terms accessible to nspecialists, this book explains the basic ideas in frailty modeling and statistical techniques, with a focus on real-world data application and interpretation of the results. By applying several models to the same data, it allows for the comparison of their advantages and limitations under varying model assumptions. The book also employs simulations to analyze the finite sample size performance of the models.
- Author BiographyAndreas Wienke is a docent in the Institute of Medical Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Informatics at Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg in Germany. In addition to statistical consulting and teaching courses on biostatistics and epidemiology, Dr. Wienke plans, designs, and supervises clinical trials in the University's Coordination Centre of Clinical Trials.
- Author(s)Andreas Wienke
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Biostatistics Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 58 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Series Edited byByron Jones,Shein Chung-Chow,Jen-pei Liu,Karl E. Peace
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.