All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.83Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical, solutions-oriented approach to African development provides a detailed overview of the steps needed for industrialization. It includes lessons from the developed world as well as descriptions of key facets of Africa's current environment. It outlines the resources w available to the nations of Africa and gives examples, both broad and specific, from other successful development programs. Policy makers, business professionals, and academics and students will find the overview presented in this book comprehensive and practical. The author examines agriculture, manufacturing, natural resources, transportation, and urbanization in the context of classical and modern ecomic and development theory. The experiences of other regions, including Europe during the Industrial Revolution and the United States in the twentieth century are offered as examples of possible paths to follow. An appendix provides a detailed look at each country in Africa, which includes population, resources, language groups, and other relevant information.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS A. TAKU is an export/import manager and investment consultant with Camafric International Company and a grants/contracts specialist at Lincoln University.
- Author(s)Thomas A. Taku
- Date of Publication30/11/1999
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight606 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.