All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis generously illustrated volume, the first in the Art of the Twentieth Century series, introduces and explores a range of contemporary issues and debates about art and its place in the wider culture today. The opening chapter discusses key concepts such as modernity, modernism, automy, spectatorship, and globalization. Four case studies follow, each devoted to a specific work of art across the span of the century: Marcel Duchamp's Bottlerack, Barnett Newman's Eve, Ana Mendieta's Silueta series, and Yarla by the Australian Aboriginal Yuendumu community. These works have been selected t only for their intrinsic interest but also for the way in which they open up wider questions of meaning and interpretation that are central to understanding twentieth-century art.
- Author BiographyJason Gaiger is lecturer in art history, The Open University.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2004
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleArt of the Twentieth Century
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.1
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note180 colour illustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width196 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJason Gaiger
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.