All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionFraming Canadian Federalism assembles an impressive range of scholars to consider many important issues that relate to federalism and the history of Canada's legal, political, and social evolution. Covering themes that include the Supreme Court of Canada, changing policies towards human rights, First Nations, as well as the legendary battles between Mitchell Hepburn and W.L. Mackenzie King, this collection illustrates the central role that federalism continues to play in the Canadian polity. Editors Dimitry Anastakis and P.E. Bryden and the volume's contributors, demonstrate the pervasive effects that federalism has on Canadian politics, ecomics, culture, and history, and provide a detailed framework in which to understand contemporary federalism. Written in hour of John T. Saywell's half-century of accomplished and influential scholarly work and teaching, Framing Canadian Federalism is a timely and fitting tribute to one of the discipline's foremost thinkers.
- Author BiographyDimitry Anastakis teaches Canadian history at Trent University. He has published seven monographs and collections, including Smart Globalization: The Canadian Business and Economic History Experience (2014) and the prize-winning Autonomous State: The Struggle for a Canadian Car Industry from OPEC to Free Trade (2013). P.E. Bryden is an associate professor in the Department of History at the University of Victoria.
- Author(s)Dimitry Anastakis,P. E. Bryden,Penny Bryden
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication09/05/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDimitry Anastakis,P. E. Bryden
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.