All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.74
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.72
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyses the India, Brazil, South Africa Dialogue Forum (IBSA), focusing on the communalities and differences in the way foreign policy is conceptualized in its member states. Utilizing 83 interviews with foreign policy makers and experts, as well as the analysis of 119 foreign-policy speeches, the author traces key shifts in official foreign policy discourse. In order to evaluate the degree of support for key IBSA Dialogue Forum concepts within national discourse, the author also examines the interplay between official and broader societal discourses on foreign policy. This analysis combines political science factors (foreign policy role conceptions) with linguistic factors, thus enabling a qualitative and quantitative comparison of different framings of foreign policy. Extensive empirical material collected during six months of field research in India, Brazil and South Africa allows the author to present a differentiated account of their alleged like-mindedness.
- Author BiographyJorg Husar is Programme Officer for Latin America at the International Energy Agency (IEA) and currently a visiting lecturer at the Paris School of International Affairs (Sciences Po). The present book originated as his doctoral thesis during his involvement in the research project Emerging Powers as Partners of German Foreign Policy (2006-2011) at the German Institute of International and Security Affairs (SWP). His field research was supported by foreign policy think tanks in the three IBSA countries: Centro Brasileiro de Relacoes Internacionais (CEBRI, Rio de Janeiro), South African Institute for International Affairs (SAIIA, Johannesburg) and Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS, New Delhi). In 2007 and 2010 he served as visiting lecturer in Political Science at Freie Universitat Berlin, including a course on the IBSA Dialogue Forum.
- Author(s)Jorg H. Husar
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleContributions to Political Science
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, 4 colour tables, biography
- Weight578 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.