All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionEvery language has a basic vocabulary of similar words and expressions. Adrienne's acclaimed Gimmick approach offers both the beginner and the seasoned traveler a fast and effective route to this lexicon by teaching language as it is actually spoken. Adrienne's vocabulary lists are contemporary, practical, and uncensored - you'll find words here that aren't in any other language book - and they group together families of words, which makes expanding your vocabulary painless. For the more advanced student, access to the Gimmick's expansive array of colloquial expressions will add an impossible-to-fake native fluency. Whether you're trying to learn the rudiments ( My name is Steve ), travel with globe-trotting panache ( The Louvre has many paintings by Monet ), or get out of a prickly situation ( May I call my lawyer? ), Adrienne and the Gimmick will show you the way.
- Author BiographyAdrienne is the author of The Gimmick Series language books for Spanish, French, German, and Italian.
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication07/04/1999
- LanguageEnglish & English & French
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.