All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFrancois Catroux is an invator and explorer in interior design, who has always been a master of contemporary style. From his early days as a design prodigy, creating space-age boutiques for a house of couture and apartments that drew from Art Deco and modern design, to chic, mirror-studded interiors rich with glamour and elegant refinement in residences in Hong Kong, New York, and London, Catroux is at home in the vast world of design. His spaces may surprise with the introduction of irregular elements a chandelier of elk horn or pink florescent lighting in a hallway but Catroux s hallmark sensibility combines the majesty and grandeur of high ceilings, elegant moldings, and gossamer draperies with elements that suggest comfort and tasteful, restrained opulence. Go-to accoutrements include sumptuous sofas, rich carpeting, gentle lighting, rooms lined with books, and ship staterooms in warm wood panelling with brass lamps, all measured according to a modern eye. This book looks at Catroux s career chrologically, featuring his first projects in 1968 through his latest, completed only this year, and includes the interiors of houses and apartments around the globe, from Paris to New York, Hong Kong to Los Angeles. Luxuriously photographed, this volume is more than just a design mograph on one of the great, and so far relatively untold, careers in the history of design it is also a lively and intimate read about a life lived in great style.
- Author BiographyDavid Netto, an author and designer of interiors and furniture, is contributing design editor for the Wall Street Journal. His articles have appeared widely, in such publications as the Classicist, Domino, and WSJ Magazine. Diane von Furstenberg is a celebrated fashion designer. In 2015, Time magazine named her to the Time 100, as an Icon.
- Author(s)David Netto
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication25/10/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 colour and black and white photographs
- Weight1950 g
- Width241 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byDiane von Furstenberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.