All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.77Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $31.10Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- DescriptionFrom The SF Gateway, the most comprehensive digital library of classic SFF titles ever assembled, comes an ideal sample introduction to one of the giants of 20th century science fiction: Frank Herbert. Although best kwn for his award-winning Dune, Herbert's other work is equally ambitious and accomplished. This omnibus contains three vels spanning some 20 years of Herbert's career: The Dragon in the Sea, The Santaroga Barrier and The Dosadi Experiment. THE DRAGON IN THE SEA In the endless war between East and West, oil has become the ultimate prize. Nuclear-powered subtugs brave enemy waters to tap into hidden oil reserves. Psychologist John Ramsay has gone undercover aboard a Hell Diver subtug where, hunted relentlessly by the enemy, the crew find themselves isolated in a claustrophobic undersea prison, struggling for survival against the elements ...and themselves. THE SANTAROGA BARRIER Santaroga seemed to be thing more than a prosperous farm community. But there was something ...different ...about Santaroga. Maybe Santaroga was the last outpost of American individualism. Maybe they were just a bunch of religious kooks ...Or maybe there was something extraordinary at work in Santaroga. Something far more disturbing than anyone could imagine. THE DOSADI EXPERIMENT Generations of a tormented human-alien people, caged on a toxic planet, conditioned by constant hunger and war - this is the Dosadi Experiment, and it has succeeded too well. For the Dosadi have bred for Vengeance as well as cunning, and they have learned how to pass through the shimmering God Wall to exact their dreadful revenge on the Universe that created them ...
- Author BiographyFrank Herbert (1920-86) was born in Tacoma, Washington and worked as a reporter and later editor of a number of West Coast newspapers before becoming a full-time writer. His first science fiction story was published in 1952 but he achieved fame more than ten years later with the publication in ANALOG of DUNE WORLD and THE PROPHET OF DUNE that were amalgamated in the novel DUNE in 1965.
- Author(s)Frank Herbert
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date17/02/2016
- Weight852 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.