Frank Lloyd Wright: The Rooms: Interiors and Decorative Arts by Margo Stipe (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $92.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by logicalunsanity
- Est. delivery by 26 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn invitation into the evocative, human-scaled, and artful interiors designed by Wright. Frank Lloyd Wright: The Rooms presents the warm interior spaces and exceptional design work of this beloved American master. Wright was an early proponent of total design. Unsatisfied with what was available in designing a given space or home, he invented what was needed, developing a language of architectural detail and styling that is unique and which extended to the tables, bookcases, easy chairs, sofas, and cabinets; to rugs and murals; to stonework; to stained glass light screens, which served as windows, doors, and room partitions; and lighting. This approach was manifested distinctly in each of his residential projects. This book offers the reader an immersion into this work by means of extraordinary artful detail in intimately explored rooms and spaces. From the Oak Park Home and Studio in Illiis to the majestically appointed Darwin D. Martin House with its abundance of art glass, including Wright's famous Tree of Life and Wisteria designs, this luxurious volume ranges over the whole of Wright's oeuvre. It highlights a number of Wright masterpieces, including Hollyhock House, the mysterious Aztec-like home and arts complex built on a hill in Los Angeles; the Dana House, with its lumius butterfly transom glass; and the fabled living room at Fallingwater.
- Author BiographyMargo Stipe is curator and registrar of collections at the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, Taliesin West, and the author of Frank Lloyd Wright: The Interactive Portfolio. Alan Weintraub is a widely published architectural photographer whose books include Frank Lloyd Wright: The Houses and Frank Lloyd Wright American Master. David A. Hanks is the author of the seminal 1979 volume The Decorative Designs of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Author(s)Margo Stipe
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight2536 g
- Width279 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.