Frankenstein : Essays, Articles, Reviews by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionMary Shelley's first vel has established itself as one of modernity's most compelling and omius myths. Frankenstein poignantly captures the spirit of the early 1800s as an age of transition tragically divided between scientific progress and religious conservatism, revolutionary reform and conformist reaction. This Guide encapsulates the most important critical reactions to a vel that straddles the realms of both high literature and popular culture. The selections shed light on Frankenstein's historical and socio-political relevance, its invative representations of science, gender, and identity, as well as its problematic cultural location between academic critique and creative production. Ranging from the first reviews in 1818 to postmodern readings of the mid-1990s, the Guide illuminates one of British literature's most spectacular vels.
- Author BiographyBerthold Schoene-Harwood teaches at Liverpool John Moores University.
- Author(s)Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication06/12/2000
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleColumbia Critical Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight227 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byBerthold Schoene
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.