Consider these sponsored items
- AU $17.99Free postage
- AU $15.75Free postage
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionHandsomely produced in hardcover at a very affordable price, Barnes & Noble Signature Editions have been carefully edited and reset in a modern design for greater readability. Each volume includes an introduction, informative tes and a chrology of the writer's life and times to enable the reader to gain a deeper understanding of these enduring works.
- Author BiographyMARY SHELLEY was born in London on August 17, 1797. Her mother, the celebrated feminist writer Mary Wollstonecraft, died a few days after her birth. Her father, William Godwin, a well-known anarchist and atheist writer, tutored Mary. In 1814, when she was sixteen, she fell in love with the married poet Percy Bysshe Shelley and they eloped to France. In 1816 the couple travelled to Lake Geneva to spend the summer with the poet Byron. Mary was inspired to write Frankenstein after Byron arranged a ghost story competition during their stay. In the autumn of 1816 Shelley's pregnant wife drowned herself in the Serpentine in Hyde Park and Shelley immediately married Mary. The couple had four children together but only one son survived infancy. They lived in Italy until Percy's death in a boating accident in 1822. Mary continued to write until her death in London on February 1, 1851. She is buried in Bournemouth.
- Author(s)Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleBarnes & Noble Signature Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date17/12/2014
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Introduction byAllen Grove
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.