Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionA prolific writer of theatrical music whose works ranged from incidental music for operettas to full operas, Franz von Suppe (1819 95) is perhaps best kwn as the composer of the overture from which this collection takes its name. According to Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians, Suppe is the earliest Viennese composer of musical farces whose works still survive as viable stage scores (and popular overtures) . . . . His light, fluent style includes the ability to vary a phrase length or melodic and rhythmic figure in a personal and immediately effective way. In addition to the title piece originally arranged for less than 59 different combinations of instruments this compilation includes the Vienna Jubilee Overture and the overtures to three of the composer's most popular works: Morning, Noon and Night in Vienna ; Beautiful Galatea ; and Light Cavalry. Reprinted from authoritative editions and offered in a convenient single-volume format, these full scores will delight students, musicians, and admirers of the celebrated Austrian composer.
- Author BiographyFranz von Suppe, or Francesco Suppe Demelli (1819 95), was an Austrian creator of light operas from the kingdom of Dalmatia, now part of Croatia. His music is frequently featured in movies, advertisements, and cartoons as well as symphonic pops concerts.
- Author(s)Franz Von Suppe
- PublisherMusic Sales Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMusic Sales Ltd
- Out-of-print date03/09/2015
- Weight499 g
- Width230 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.