Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn his startling new memoir, Mike Chalek reveals how the adoption practices of the Baby Scoop Era led to his fraudulent placement with an adoptive family that had purchased him for $200 from a well-kwn baby broker. He delves into the details of his highly charged quest to reunite with his family of origin, and we get a first-hand glimpse into the difficulties faced by many adult adoptees in the US today. Mike's quest did t end with reunion, however. After obtaining a court order to unseal his closed adoption record, he set legal precedent by suing to have his fraudulent adoption overturned. As groundbreaking as his victory was, adoptee rights have t experienced the hoped-for boost that he thought might follow. In this book, Mike seeks to set the record straight and tell the story of the one member of the adoption triad whose voice has been broadly igred to this point: that of the adult adoptee.
- Author(s)Jessica Gardner,Mike Chalek
- PublisherUniversal Technical Systems, Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversal Technical Systems, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.