All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionAdultery scandals involving politicians. Dating websites for married women and men. Raids of polygamous communities. Reality shows about polyamorists. It seems that n-mogamy is everywhere: in popular culture, in the news, and before the courts. In Fraught Intimacies, Nathan Rambukkana examines how polygamy, adultery, and polyamory are represented in the public sphere and the effect this is having on intimate relationships and aspects of contemporary Western society. As this book demonstrates, although mogamy is considered and presented as the rm in Western society, many kinds of sexual and romantic relationships exist within its borders. Rambukkana's intricate analysis reveals how some forms of n-mogamy are tacitly accepted, even glamourized, while others are vilified and reviled. By questioning what this says about intimacy, power, and privilege, this book offers an invative framework for understanding the status of n-mogamy in Western society.
- Author BiographyNathan Rambukkana is an assistant professor in communication studies at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Author(s)Nathan Rambukkana
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Series TitleSexuality Studies
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.