All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionWidely regarded as one of America's most important cultural theorists, Fredric Jameson has been at the forefront of the field of literary and cultural studies since the early 1970s. Author of The Political Unconscious: Narrative as a Socially Symbolic Act and Postmodernism or, the Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism , Jameson is without doubt one of the leading intellectuals of our time. Fredric Jameson: Live Theory offers an invaluable and highly accessible introduction to the work of this important thinker. Ian Buchanan explores and illuminates how Jameson forms his concepts and how they operate, providing a fascinating account of Jameson's important and ongoing contributions to Critical Theory. The book provides a clear sense of his overall project and the marvellous productivity of his thinking. Motivated by a desire to inaugurate social change by illuminating the obstacles standing in its way, the aim of Jameson's work is to dishabituate us from the comfortable feeling that modern life is enhanced by the global grip of capitalism. The book concludes with a new interview with Jameson himself, in which he discusses the key themes and issues in his work and future directions for the Jamesonian project. Thematically organised, clear and accessible, Fredric Jameson: Live Theory is a key resource for anyone studying this pioneering thinker.
- Author BiographyIan Buchanan is Professor and Foundation Chair of Communication and Cultural Studies at Charles Darwin University, Australia. He is editor of Fredric Jameson's Interviews 1982-2002 (Duke, 2004) and co-editor of On Jameson (SUNY, 2004).
- Author(s)Ian Buchanan
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/12/2006
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleLive Theory S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.