Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFree is Beautiful by Randy England uses the scriptures, the writings of the Saints and the Catechism to show why Catholicism is essentially libertarian. Only through our free will can we become virtuous and share in the divine life; kwing, loving and serving God. Centuries ago, St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine recognized the futility and evil in trying to force people to be virtuous. They taught that government should limit itself to keeping the peace by protecting people's lives and property. The golden rule teaches that we must t do to ather what we would t want done to ourselves. Don't cheat. Don't steal. Don't hit. Don't harm others. Live and let live. Mind your own business. Libertarians call this the n-aggression principle: that person or group may initiate force against ather. The modern state kws such limits, making everyone's business its own and leaving the individual naked before it. No matter which political party is in power, the government continues to grow unchecked, igring justice and fundamental rights, keeping the poor in a place of permanent dependency, while plundering the future to give favors to its friends and extending its world-wide empire through endless warfare. It is time to consider libertarianism, the most just system in a fallen world and the only political philosophy that takes human dignity and free will seriously. Liberty will t feed a man, r will it get him into heaven, but does guarantee him the freedom to do both.
- Author BiographyRandy England is a Catholic writer and criminal defense lawyer in central Missouri. He is a former prosecutor and the author of Unicorn in the Sanctuary (Tan Books) and the end times novel, The Last Fisherman: A novel of the last Pope, the anti-christ and the end of the age.
- Author(s)Randy England
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.