Free Schools: How to Get Your Kids a Great Education without Spending a Fortune by David Gillespie (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by katgeorge6
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
- AU $17.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by john-and-gaye
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Gillespie has six kids. When it came time to select high schools, he thought it worth doing some investigation to assess the level of advantage his kids would enjoy if he spent the required $1.3 million to send them all to private schools. Shockingly, the answer was: ne whatsoever. Intrigued, David continued his research, only to discover he was wrong on most counts - as are most parents - when it comes to working out what factors deliver a great education. He discovered that class size doesn't matter, your kids aren't any better off in co-ed than single-sex schools (and vice versa), composite classes are fine, fancy buildings are a waste of money, the old-tie network won't cut it in the new industries and NAPLAN is misread by everyone so is largely meaningless as a measure of quality. Taking on an ingrained and historical system of vested interests - the unions, the government, our own sense of worth, privilege and entitlement - this book is controversial and absolutely necessary. It is well researched, authoritative and accessible. It is a must-read for parents, as well as teachers and policy-makers.
- Author BiographyFormer corporate lawyer, co-founder of a successful software company and consultant to the IT industry, David Gillespie is the best-selling author of the Sweet Poison, Big Fat Lies and Toxic Oil. He lives in Brisbane with his wife and six children.
- Author(s)David Gillespie
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMacmillan Australia
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.