All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the book which UIAGM mountain guide Jimmy Oden wished he'd had but never found during his formative ski bum years. It is written from a unique position - Jimmy still remembers all the questions he used to ask himself, only w he has the kwledge and experience to provide the answers.The purpose of this book is to convey how professionals think and act in a big mountain environment. And as the book is written from a passionate skier's perspective, everything documented on its 366 pages comes down to one single aim: to help capable free skiers reach as much good skiing as possible - as safely as possible. Free Skiing - How to Adapt to the Mountain deals with those very particular circumstances, hazards and challenges that free skiers face in an alpine environment. Although it is t an instruction manual, the book is arranged like one, with checklists, procedures and diagrams. It is clear, concise and beautifully presented in 12 chapters with 441 educational illustrations.The content is divided into topical chapters, all including explanatory illustrations and photos: mountain sense, mountain weather, sw & avalanche kwledge, avalanche hazard evaluation, skiing, companion avalanche rescue, first aid & rescue, navigation, ski related mountaineering skills, glacier skiing, steep skiing, and ski touring. 'Essential bible for big mountain riders' - Daily Mail . The book also won the prestigious 'Design S Award' for outstanding design & function.
- Author BiographyJimmy Oden was born in Sweden in 1971 and has lived his passion in Verbier, Switzerland since 1993. He is a UIAGM mountain guide and has skied fulltime around the world since 1990. He is a member of Bureau des Guides in Verbier and the Swiss Mountain Guide Association, as well as the Swedish Mountain Guide Association, where he serves on the training committee. Jimmy was recently featured in an article for Conde Nast Traveller Europe's Top Ten Mountain Guides and he regularly writes articles on mountain safety for skiers.
- Author(s)Jimmy Oden
- PublisherChoucas Production AB
- Date of Publication10/11/2007
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Place of PublicationStockholm
- Country of PublicationSweden
- ImprintChoucas Production AB
- Content Notehundreds of colour photos plus colour drawn diagrams
- Width200 mm
- Height255 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.