Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $52.95
- AU $11.09Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.62
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.54
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.38
About this product
- DescriptionHumans are innately sexual beings, so why do we have such a hard time talking about sex? We must shift our attitudes surrounding sexuality and sexual safety toward empowerment to make decisions and take action to ensure sexual safety of individuals, families and communities. Author Anjella Skerritt, a registered nurse, midwife, and family nurse practitioner who has worked extensively in sexual and reproductive health, offers this guide to help start the discussion. Parents are reluctant to talk honestly and openly about sex with their children; sexually active adults are reluctant to communicate honestly about their sexual history; and teens and adolescents pay the price imposed by this pervasive culture of shame, anxiety, and secrecy. It's time to peel away the embarrassment and start a new conversation. By learning to talk honestly and openly about sex, you gain power over your life as a sexual being, and you give power to your children's future sexual safety and happiness. Sex and sexuality are intensely private matters, but there shouldn't be secrets between lovers, and there shouldn't be shame when a parent discusses sex with his or her children. Information is power; in Free to Be Sexually Safe, you'll find the tools to start conversations about anatomy, safety, myths and taboos, urban legends, religion, and more. Sex is a natural, healthy part of life. By accepting the challenge to change the way you think and talk about sex, by taking full responsibility for your decisions and actions, and by extending respect to-and expecting respect from-your partners, you can change or save lives.
- Author(s)Anjella E Skerritt
- Date of Publication18/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.