Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a remarkable personal vision of a 'multi-polar' future for the world by the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church. Two antagonistic systems are ranged against each other, onr liberal, secular and humanistic, the other religious and traditionalist. Rather than a struggle to the death between competing value systems, he proposes instead the way of co-existence, grounded in mutual respect for moral categories that are common to all.
- Author BiographyPatriarch Kirill (b. 1946), as Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, is the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church. He is one of Russia's leading theologians and preachers, a prolific author, and well-acquainted with the wider Christian world. He has been a prime mover in the definition of the Russian Church's stance towards the modern world, including the key Council documents, Basis of the Social Concept of the Russian Orthodox Church (2000) and Russian Orthodox Church's Teaching on Human Dignity, Freedom and Rights (2008), the latter included in the present volume.
- PublisherDarton,Longman & Todd Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2011
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDarton,Longman & Todd Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight178 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.