All listings for this product
About this product
- Description#1 National BestsellerWinner of the John Gardner Fiction AwardA National Book Critics Circle Award FinalistA Los Angeles Times Book Prize FinalistIn his first vel since The Corrections, Jonathan Franzen has given us an epic of contemporary love and marriage. Freedom comically and tragically captures the temptations and burdens of liberty: the thrills of teenage lust, the shaken compromises of middle age, the wages of suburban sprawl, the heavy weight of empire. In charting the mistakes and joys of Walter and Patty Berglund as they struggle to learn how to live in an ever more confusing world, Franzen has produced an indelible and deeply moving portrait of our time.
- Author BiographyJonathan Franzen is the author of three novels The Corrections, The Twenty-Seventh City, and Strong Motion and two works of nonfiction, How to Be Alone and The Discomfort Zone, all published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux. He lives in New York City and Santa Cruz, California.
- Author(s)Jonathan Franzen
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleOprah's Book Club
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Weight522 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.33
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.