All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines relations between U.S. Protestants and Africa since the end of colonial rule. It draws attention to shifting ecclesiastical and socio-political priorities, especially the decreased momentum of social justice advocacy and the growing missionary influence of churches emphasizing spiritual revival and personal prosperity. The book provides a thought-provoking assessment of U.S. Protestant involvements with Africa, and it proposes forms of engagement that build upon ecclesiastical dynamism within American and African contexts.
- Author BiographyR Drew Smith is Scholar-in-Residence and Project Director of Public Influences of African-American Churches Project and of the Faith Communities and Urban Families Project at Morehouse College in Atlanta.
- PublisherBaylor University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2006
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationWaco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaylor University Press
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byR. Drew Smith
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $11.69
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.